Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pregnancy Journal

Well, being pregnant when already having a 2-year-old is different.  The second time around is always different, I guess.  When I was pregnant with Patton I wrote down tons of memories of my pregnancy and took more belly pictures than anyone really needs to.  I've only taken 2 this time around.  It's not that I'm not excited about this pregnancy, I guess I just realized that I don't have to make a big fuss about every single week's bump picture or what the books and websites tell me I should be feeling.  Some of the excitement I guess is gone because I've been here before, but that doesn't mean I don't cherish it.  So, below are some of the things that have stuck out in my mind lately about this pregnancy...things that can eventually be put in Jack's baby book.

Ultrasound - November 2nd, 2012:
We found out that Baby Lewis is a boy!  Patton called it first!  His name will be Jackson Thomas Lewis, but we will call him Jack.  He moved and gave us quite a show at the ultrasound.  He looks a lot like Patton as far as we can tell.  He was healthy and estimated to weigh 1 lb.  Thanks be to God!

Kicks, Punches, Karate, Flips, etc:
Jack is definitely a mover and a shaker!  His kicks make my whole body jump sometimes.  Patton was a mover too, but Patton seemed to be in my rib cage more than Jack is (so far!).  Jack doesn't really get the hiccups like Patton did either.  But when he starts moving, he's moving for a while!  He rolls and turns, bends, and practically jumps sometimes.  You can actually see him moving from across the room!  It's amazing and a blessing!

Cravings: 
Due to acid reflux, I've drank more milk during pregnancy than my husband could probably drink in 5 years.  We go through 2-3 gallons of milk a week, and 80% of that consumption is all mine.  The past 2 weeks I have been craving root beer...badly!  Every time we go grab lunch or when I go to the store, I'm getting root beer.  I'm also on a Frosted Flakes kick.  It's never been a favorite of mine, but lately I have been having bowl after bowl for breakfast (and sometimes for other meals and snacks). 

Coincidence:
I turned 28 weeks pregnant on December 28th, which happened to be my 28th birthday.  A little ironic!  I actually made Josh take a bump picture that day :)

Jack's Nursery: 
We are reusing all of Patton's nursery decor, furniture, and clothes.  Pop and DebO came to visit on Saturday, January 5th to help us out.  Pop got all of the baby items down from the attic, DebO played with Patton, and I went through box after box to decide what to wash, what to put back in the attic, what to store in the closet, etc.  Now the baby clothes, blankets, burp cloths, towels, washcloths, sheets, etc. are all washed and ready!  The crib is made and ready!  The closet is now organized (mostly).  The curtains and sheers for the windows are in progress.  Josh has almost finished Jack's name sign that will go above his bed.  As soon as the weather dries out, Josh will put the white paint on the frame and finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment